Sunday, August 03, 2008

Firefox 200!


So last night I was watching some of Walt Mossberg's online video reviews of some products. I came across one that was a review of Firefox 3. He went on about how awesome it was and I was like, "I mean mine is good but it's not this good." Then I checked to see which version I was running, because I was sure all of my software was up to date, and it was definitely Firefox 2.0. I was kind of pissed. Turns out it updated while I was in Italy.

Anyway, I finally downloaded Firefox 3.0 and I have to say it is substantially faster and more user friendly than not only Firefox 2.0, but Safari 3 and IE7. Why are we even talking about IE7?

My favorite feature is the live URL bar which predicts the website as you are typing it. This isn't really that useful for me because all of the sites that I go to are on my Bookmark Toolbar, but it's interesting nonetheless. Bookmarks Toolbar is a lot easier to manage, though I wish you had the option to drag off of the toolbar for a delete like Safari. This is something that makes managing the toolbar very frustrating and tedious. If you're like me, you like to have some new websites to see every once in a while rather than just the same old stuff, so you're constantly adding and deleting things from your bookmarks. Hopefully, once they change this feature I can give it a 10/10.

I can't get over how fast it is. It makes this horrible (nearly dial-up) connection back home look super fast by the way the browser loads the content. I can't wait to try it on a faster network. Anyway, check out Walt Mossberg's review down below. He is a contributing reporter for the Wall Street Journal, so if you are going to Google him, keep this in mind. As far as I know he doesn't have his own YouTube channel; his stuff is just uploaded to the Wall Street Journal's channel.

Hope everyone has enjoyed this blog. I've had it for 4 years and this post is my 200th official post! Maybe I'll come up with something special for it! Happy weekend!


No comments: